Establishing the most elaborate online human-interest news network driven By student journalists from colleges across the country. We aim to achieve this By means of on-ground coverage of local stories hand-picked By these students, which, in turn, will help these aspiring journalists build a solid portfolio coupled with multiple sources and field exposure - long before their first media ‘job’ - which, unfortunately, is lacking in India.
What We Offer
- Paid, round-the-year ‘roving internship/apprenticeship' for BA/MA journalism & mass media students across India.
- Building a solid portfolio for apprentices in a field of their choosing.
- By-lines for every news piece written/recorded.
- On-ground reporting opportunities.
- Avenue to build sources and network with veteran journalists.
- Getting noticed as a promising journalist even before graduating.
- Connecting journalism faculty members throughout the country to facilitate the most optimum teaching standards.
- Apprenticeships for student journalists in fields including ‘hard news’, culture, fashion, lifestyle, sports, among others.
- By-line for colleges on every story covered by each of their students.
- Bridging the gap between theoretical learning and practical exposure.
- No hard and fast timings, so students will not be required to miss lectures due to the apprenticeship.
- A tangible social change driven by any student will add to the goodwill of the educational institution among other students.
- Op-eds by faculty members and heads of departments can facilitate further exposure.
Through our School of Mass Communication, we recently contacted Newshound India Foundation, and thereafter, Mr. Arjun conducted an intensive session with our students and our many students subsequently joined his non-profit Student Journalist initiative. Some students' contribution is already with the platform and many are lined up to join with their unique 'beat' which I am sure will be delivered by my students very well. All the best Newshound India Foundation - Audience needs this initiative and it is the apt time.
~ Dr. Ashutosh Mishra Dean, School of Mass Communication, Chitkara University
The initiative of Newshound India Foundation to provide hands-on training to media students while they are still pursuing their formal education is unique. This will help students to enrich their portfolios on one hand and on the other hand they are also getting paid for their work. Arjun Samar has motivated the media students of our Institute to come up with a story idea, give it a shape and see it being displayed on Newshound platform as a story of Student Reporter, the concept itself is very unique. My best wishes to this alternative media platform- Newshound for all the future endeavours and hope it continues doing meaningful journalism.
~ Prof. (Dr.) Bindu Sharma Director, Institute of Mass Communication & Media Technology, Kurukshetra University
Join India’s only non-profit Student Journalism platform and put your students ahead in the race. For more information, write to us at email@example.com.