Establishing the most elaborate online human-interest news network driven by student journalists from colleges across the country. We aim to achieve this by means of on-ground coverage of local stories hand-picked by these students, which, in turn, will help these aspiring journalists build a solid portfolio coupled with multiple sources and field exposure - long before their first media ‘job’ - which, unfortunately, is lacking in India.
Which side are we on? Left or right?
Neither. We are the void, the empty space between both these opposing ideologies that have come to be associated with sparring political parties. In today’s age, we believe that it is all the more critical for us to discharge our duty as citizens of this country, by identifying what is correct - regardless of which party’s decision it is coming from. No ideology is perennially right, and none is perennially wrong. The only consistent mistake being made by each side is their refusal to appreciate good work by the other and to introspect its own shortcomings or misdeeds. At Newshound India Foundation, we believe that it’s time to tell it like it is.
Who are we up against?
We are not in competition with any media outlet, nor are we involved in the breaking news rat-race. We are an educational non-profit organisation with the singular resolve to make journalism credible again.
Are we ‘citizen journalists’?
As much as we appreciate citizen journalism, all content featured on Newshound India Foundation comes from student journalists and experienced contributors. This means that we will, at all times, be transparent and be held to a higher standard of professionalism and accountability.
How do we operate?
We provide vital mentorship to students journalists from journalism faculties and industry professionals, enabling them to cover/produce/capture story ideas and concepts they are passionate about. All this, while paying them a professional fee for every segment/concept.
NHIF Student Media Programme
The programme assists, trains, mentors, and provides internships to students from all years - from the moment they join the course till 3 months after graduation - on a daily basis. Partner institutions get a special mention and logo branding on all content created by their students. During the course of the year, partner institutions are extended merit-based advertising and marketing through more than 5,000 pieces of content - print, video and photo - created by their students across multiple platforms.
What We Offer
- Daily mentorship and training throughout the year for all students in areas of their choosing.
- Interactive virtual workshop every month for all students.
- Author byline for each and every contribution made/assistance rendered.
- 1, 2, and 3-month certificate writing and broadcast training for all students.
- Opportunity for a student to work with NHIF as a paid freelancer at INR 5,000 per month.
- Opportunity to earn educational assistance fee for each and every original story (print/video), and concept (print/video).
- Chance to be a part of India’s only student media community and network with students from around the country.
- Opportunity to network and freelance for independent professionals and probable employers right from the first year of college.
- No expectations or hard and fast timings. Students can independently suggest stories and segments throughout their degree.
- Chance to work part-time with Newshound India Foundation/other independent organisations with a salary at par with the market.
- Complimentary Induction Workshop by Founder for all students.
- >40 Daily merit-based promotions across multiple platforms through contributions made by students.
- Logo branding in all induction workshops conducted by Founder across schools and colleges.
- Logo branding in all of NHIF's interviews, discussions, online/offline workshops, and media coverage.
- Quarterly article/video segment featuring the institution’s non-profit initiatives (by faculty members/representatives).
- Continuous coverage on NHIF's platforms of key extra-curricular events at the institution.
- Get tagged as a partner on every student’s post across NHIF's platforms (with logo).
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with industry professionals, and teachers from other schools/colleges.
- Special mention in all stories/segments created by student journalists from the institution.
- Freelance/full-time employment opportunities for students and graduates with NHIF and other media organisations.
- Get featured as a partner college on the NHIF website with our Board of Advisors.
Partner With Us
Join India’s only non-profit Student Journalism platform and put your students ahead in the race. For more information, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.